November 6th – 12th, 2011
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) recognizes and celebrates the lifesaving services provided by shelters such as our own Steamboat Springs Animal Shelter.
Animal shelters serve their communities in many ways: controlling stray dogs running at large, responding to calls for assistance from the public, helping families find a new animal companion, rescuing injured animals, and returning lost animals to their owners. Perhaps most importantly, animal shelters provide a tangible example of humane ethics and compassion for all living creatures.
You can help your local shelter in many ways. Consider offering a donation of needed supplies or volunteer your time. Spread the word about the importance of responsible pet ownership, including spaying and neutering. Always report animal cruelty and neglect. There are plenty of animals just waiting for the right home. Choose your next pet from among the many animals being cared for at the Steamboat Springs Animal Shelter.
- September is Senior Awareness Month!
- WILDFIRE Pet Preparedness
- Spring Wellness Promotions Highlight Skin Care Products and Allergy Awareness
- January Cat Wellness Exam 50% Discount!
- Canine Cough? It’s Still Out There!
- Pet Kare is Open for In-Person, Curbside, and Telemedicine Visits
- Covid-19 and Your Pet: Latest Updates from the CDC
- Cats and Covid: What You Should Know
- Updated 3/3/20: Recent Coronavirus Outbreak and Pets, Should I Be Worried?
- Hidden dental conditions
- February is Dental Month!
- November – Arthritis and Acupuncture Awareness Month!
- Make this Halloween Pet Safe!
- 2nd Annual Tails-n-Trails Run/Walk, 8:30 am on June 8, 2019
- May is Allergy Awareness Month
- Dr. Susan Becomes Fear Free Certified!!