What is Fear Free?
Known as Fear FreeSM, the training and certification program helps veterinarians modify their procedures, handling, and facilities to help pets feel safe and comfortable while receiving the medical care they need.
Founded by veterinarian Dr. Marty Becker, the Fear Free Certification Program was developed by board-certified veterinary behaviorists, veterinary technician behavior specialists, board-certified veterinary anesthetists, well-known veterinary practice management experts, and board-certified veterinary practitioners experienced in Fear Free methods.
“Providing veterinarians with the tools they need to ease this burden of fear and anxiety for our patients is the pinnacle of my 37-year veterinary career,” said Dr. Becker, who was dubbed “America’s Veterinarian” by Dr. Oz and appeared on Good Morning America for 17 years. “Veterinary professionals are hungry for this information. Animals and their humans need and deserve it. And now it’s here!”
To become certified, veterinarians and veterinary staff are required to complete a comprehensive, 8-part educational course and exam. They also have to take continuing education to remain certified. To learn more, visit the Fear Free Pets website.
- Spring Wellness Promotions Highlight Skin Care Products and Allergy Awareness
- January Cat Wellness Exam 50% Discount!
- Canine Cough? It’s Still Out There!
- Pet Kare is Open for In-Person, Curbside, and Telemedicine Visits
- Covid-19 and Your Pet: Latest Updates from the CDC
- Cats and Covid: What You Should Know
- Updated 3/3/20: Recent Coronavirus Outbreak and Pets, Should I Be Worried?
- Hidden dental conditions
- February is Dental Month!
- November – Arthritis and Acupuncture Awareness Month!
- Make this Halloween Pet Safe!
- September is Senior Awareness Month!
- 2nd Annual Tails-n-Trails Run/Walk, 8:30 am on June 8, 2019
- May is Allergy Awareness Month
- Dr. Susan Becomes Fear Free Certified!!
- April is Parasite Awareness Month!